Costume Ball at 7:30 P.M.:
Address by Mayor H. H. Nussmeyer
Dances by pupils of Kathryn Langhorst,
Grade School and High School Girls,
Vesper Recital at Zion’s Reformed Church:
Elmer Ende, Organist
Howard Hoffman, Actor and Interpreter
Program at St. Paul Church:
Address by Dr. Edward Conradi, Pres.
Florida State College for Women,
“A Century of Progress”
Program at High School:
Address by Honorable Frank Tilden Boesel
“The Spirit and Ideals of Our Pioneers”
Old-time Fourth of July Celebration
at Speedway Park:
Speaker-Honorable Theo. H. Tangeman
State Director of Commerce
High School Building: Community Sing
Crown Auditorium: Historical Exhibit
[Note: The Crown Auditorium was where
the 5 &10 cent store was later located.]
Dr. Edward Conradi
President Florida State College for Women
Dr. Edward Conradi was born February 20, 1869 on a farm near New Bremen. He attended New Bremen High School and graduated in 1888.
He taught twice in New Bremen Schools, from 1888-1889 & 1893-1894. He taught in the Lock Two School from 1889-1893.
He graduated from Indiana State University, A.B. 1897; A.M. 1898.
He served as superintendent of public schools at Carlisle, Indiana from 1898-1902, then attended Clark University in Worcester, Massachusetts from 1902-1905.
He was granted a Ph.D. at Clark University in 1904; Honorary Fellow, 1904-1905.
He was superintendent of public schools at St. Petersburg, Florida 1905-1909 and President of Florida State College for Women in Tallahassee, Florida 1909–1941.
He was a member of the Board of Directors of Florida State Chamber of Commerce, a member of Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce, member of Tallahassee Kiwanis Club, member of Florida Education Association, member of National Education Association, Member of Florida Historical Society, member of Nat’l. Geographic Society and an Elder in the Tallahassee Presbyterian Church.
He married Augusta Dorothea Grothaus August 24, 1898. They had two daughters, Elizabeth Lillian and Louisa Mae Ruth. He died December 1, 1944.
Honorable Frank T. Boesel
Frank T. Boesel was born August 2, 1876 in the house later used as a Post Office at the corner of Main & Monroe Sts. in New Bremen. He attended public schools and New Bremen High School.
He entered Ohio State University in 1892 and graduated in 1896. He was a member of the Ohio State University chapter of Phi Beta Kappa.
He entered Harvard Law School in 1896 and graduated in 1899. He was a member of Phi Delta Phi law fraternity and Order of the Coif.
He began his law practice in Milwaukee, Wisconsin in 1899 and engaged in active practice of the law in all its branches and in all of the courts, State and Federal.
He was Past President of the Milwaukee Bar Association, Past President of the Wisconsin State Bar Association, a member of General Council of the American Bar Association, life member of American Law Institute, member of Supreme Court Advisory Committee.
He was appointed Special Master in Chancery in railroad reorganization matters by the United States Circuit Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit.
He was a member of the University of Wisconsin Law School Faculty at Madison, Wisconsin for 23 years.
He was Director of the American Judicature Society, a member of Masonic Order 32 degree Knight Templar and Shriner.
He married Ella Mangold. They had 3 children: Charles M., John Phillip and Marianna. He died in December 1966.
Honorable Theodore H. Tangeman
State Director of Commerce
Theodore H. Tangeman was born December 8, 1879 in Garnavillo, Iowa.
He graduated from New Bremen High School in 1897.
He graduated from Ohio State University in 1902 and was a member of the Ohio State University football team from 1900-1901. He was named on the mythical All-Ohio team in 1901.
He opened a law office in New Bremen in 1902.
He was elected prosecuting attorney of Auglaize County in 1910 and was re-elected in 1912.
He opened a law office at Wapakoneta, Ohio in 1911 in partnership with C.A. Stueve.
In 1927, he was the senior partner in the law firm of Tangeman & Boesel (brothers-in-law) in Wapakoneta, Ohio.
He was appointed Ohio Director of Commerce in 1930 by Governor George White and was reappointed in 1932.
He married Maud Stone on July 18, 1906. They had 3 sons: Richard Michael, Robert Stone and Carl.
He died September 28, 1940 and is buried in Greenlawn Cemetery in Wapakoneta, Ohio.